About this article
From mid-2016 Population Estimates and Internal Migration were combined in one statistical bulletin – latest release ‘Population estimates for the UK, England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland: mid-2018’.
The ‘Population estimates for the UK, mid-2018: methods guide’ and the ‘Mid-year population estimates QMI’ have been updated to include information on internal migration quality and methodology.
- Internal Migration - Cross-UK Methods Comparison (141.9 kB pdf)
- Internal Migration Methodology: An Improved Method of Estimating Student Migration - Information Note (October 2012) (45.5 kB pdf)
- Internal Migration Question and Answers, year ending June 2013 (261.7 kB pdf)
- Internal Migration Estimates - Methodology (November 2011) (128.5 kB pdf)
- Improving Migration and Population Statistics - Refinements to student adjustment method between indicative and final estimates (May 2010) (129.8 kB pdf)
- Improving Migration and Population Statistics - Improved estimation of student migration within England and Wales (May 2010) (505.8 kB pdf)