We are always looking at ways to improve our service, currently we are focusing on the UK SIC webpages. If you would like to contribute, please take part in our short survey.
The classification provides a framework for the collection, tabulation, presentation and analysis of data, and its use promotes uniformity.
In addition, it can be used for administrative purposes and by non-government bodies as a convenient way of classifying industrial activities into a common structure.
Since 1948 the classification has been revised in 1958, 1968, 1980, 1992, 1997, and 2003.
Main volume (1.29 Mb Pdf)
Summary of structure (191 Kb Excel sheet)
Previous revisions and correlations (1.84 Mb Excel sheet)
Correlation between UK SIC 2003 and UK SIC 2007 (182.5 Kb Excel sheet)
Weighted tables with percentages UK SIC 03 - UK SIC 07 (282 Kb Excel sheet)
Weighted tables with percentages UK SIC 07 - UK SIC 03 (279 Kb Excel sheet)
For help and enquiries please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1329 444970
Office for National Statistics Classifications and Harmonisation Unit Government Buildings Cardiff Road Newport South Wales NP10 8XG
- Main volume (1.3 MB pdf)
- Annual Business Inquiry industry groupings (15.4 kB pdf)
- Index numerical with addendum (March 2017) (1.6 MB xls)
- Index alphabetical with addendum (March 2017) (1.9 MB xls)
- Index, alphabetical and numerical (the original version - as published in 2008) (1.8 MB pdf)
- Summary of Structure for UK SIC 2007 (199.7 kB xls)