The number of deaths registered in a week in England and Wales.
Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales, provisional: week ending 3 April 2020
Provisional counts of the number of deaths registered in England and Wales, including deaths involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), by age, sex and region, in the latest weeks for which data are available.
Comparison of weekly death occurrences in England and Wales: up to week ending 3 April 2020
This short article accompanies the Weekly deaths release and explains the differences between various data sources that report on coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths.
Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales, provisional
Provisional counts of the number of deaths registered in England and Wales, by age, sex and region, in the latest weeks for which data are available. Includes the most up-to-date figures available for deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19).
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs
- are well explained and readily accessible
- are produced according to sound methods
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.
Changes to this release date
- Previous date:
- 16 April 2020 09:30
- Reason for change:
- In order to provide up-to-date data on the current COVID-19 pandemic, the date of this publication has been brought forward 2 days to Tuesday 14 April. This publication would usually be published every Tuesday but following the Easter break we usually delay the release by 2 days, we will not do that this year.