The Survey Methodology Bulletin was a publication that informed statisticians in the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the wider Government Statistical Service (GSS) about ONS survey methodology work.
It was produced by ONS and its precursor OPCS from 1978 until 2019. It contained short articles about methodological projects or issues of general interest.
Articles in the bulletin were not professionally refereed: they are working papers and should be viewed as such.
An excel spreadsheet is available as a download with a list of all the articles across the seventy nine issues of the bulletin, with links to the online copy where it exists. Unfortunately the oldest bulletins were not produced in an electronic format.
You might also be interested in:
- Survey methodology bulletin No. 79 - May 2019 (1.7 MB pdf)
- Survey Methodology Bulletin No. 78 - January 2018 (2.0 MB pdf)
- Survey Methodology Bulletin No. 77 - Autumn 2017 (2.4 MB pdf)
- Survey methodology bulletin No.76 (314.9 kB pdf)
- Survey methodology bulletin No.75 - Spring 2016 (1.6 MB pdf)
- Survey Methodology Bulletins archive (16.0 MB xlsx)