Please can I request statistics of how many patients in the population have:
(1) suffered from dehydration (the last years and 10 years)
(2) suffered death due to dehydration ( the last 10 years and last 5 years)
(3) suffered death due to malnutrition ( the last 10 years and 5 years)
Thank you for your query regarding mortality statistics. You asked us to provide the number of patients in the population who have:
(1) Suffered from dehydration (the last years and 10 years)
(2) Suffered death due to dehydration (the last 10 years and last 5 years)
(3) Suffered death due to malnutrition (the last 10 years and 5 years)
We only hold mortality data, so we are unable to provide you with the number of patients who suffered from dehydration. Answers to the second and third questions can be obtained from the Mortality Analysis team, using our normal business processes, as described below.
Information on mortality statistics by cause of death can be obtained from the Mortality Analysis team. Special extracts and tabulations of mortality data for England and Wales, including the calculation of mortality rates for specific causes, are available to order (subject to legal frameworks, disclosure control, resources and agreements of costs, where appropriate). Such enquiries should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the above address. We recommend that you contact the Mortality Analysis team directly in order to discuss your data requirements in more detail.
As this information is already available to you via this route ONS considers that S21(1) applies to this request and the information does not have to be supplied under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act. S21(1) is an absolute exemption and no consideration of the public interest test needs to be applied.