Please provide: Deaths of UK residents, since February 2020 to date, broken down by age demographic range (i.e under 20, under 40, under 60, over 60) where there were no underlying health conditions or comorbidities, where Covid 19 is the only cause of death listed on the death certificate (not deaths by any other means or death of another condition "as a result of contracting Covid 19"). So purely only deaths by Covid 19.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We are responsible for the provision of mortality statistics for England and Wales. National Records Scotland (NRS) and Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) are responsible for statistics pertaining to Scotland and Northern Ireland. They can be contacted at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
This information can be found in the following dataset: Deaths involving COVID-19, England and Wales. Table 6a in this publication shows COVID-19 deaths by underlying health condition broken down into age brackets. This has been provided below. From March to June 2020, there were 4,476 deaths involving COVID-19 with no pre-existing conditions in England and Wales.
The following age bands are available:
1. Figures include deaths of non-residents
2. Figures are provisional
3. Based on deaths involving COVID-19 (ICD-10 codes U07.1 and U07.2) rather than deaths where COVID-19 was the underlying cause of death
4. Deaths occurring between March and June 2020 rather than deaths registered between March and June 2020.
5. Main pre-existing causes are grouped using the ONS Leading Causes of Deaths list and International Classification of Diseases version 10 blocks of causes
6. Including deaths registered up to 4 July 2020.
The latest data available is to June 2020, as this publication has been now been paused.
Unfortunately, we would be unable to provide you with this data for July and August. In order to fulfil this request, we would need use a high level of statistical skill and judgement in order to create a bespoke analysis or table. Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Public Authorities are not obligated to create information in order to respond to requests. We therefore consider this to be information not held.