1. Your data
The personal data we process about you may include:
- email address
- business address
- telephone number
- job title
These data are processed for the following activities:
- contacting us
We will also process:
- bank account numbers and ePayment card details for procurement activities
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data are detailed in this section.
To enable us to route messages to the relevant team and to respond to your queries.
- allow you to supply to an ONS route to market
- award or change a contract
- perform spend analytics
- produce Data Insight and Management Information (MI) on buyer, supplier and operational performance
Training, webinars and virtual meetings
- provide video conference webinars
- manage and analyse attendance of those webinars
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your data for procurement activities is that it is necessary for the performance of, or to enter into, a contract to which you or your employers are a party.
It is also for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. The Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 establishes the ONS as an official authority.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it may be shared with our data processors who provide our email, document management and storage services. Your personal data will not be shared with anyone else.
Your personal data may be shared with ONS staff, in the case that a member of staff is a customer of your service.
Your personal data may also be shared with potential suppliers where required to deliver the full set of services.
ONS Core IT Systems
Your personal data may be shared with cloud-based IT services and systems, including:
- Oracle Fusion
- Framework (archive)
- Delta (archive)
General enquiry details
Buyer or supplier
Where appropriate, personal data will be anonymised as soon as practically possible.
Automated decision making
Your personal data will not be used for automated decision making.
5. Your rights
You have the right:
- to request information about how your personal data are processed and to request a copy of that personal data
- to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are corrected without delay
- to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement
- to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed
- in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested), to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes
6. International transfers
We will not transfer your data outside the UK.
7. Contact details
The data controller for your personal data is the Office for National Statistics. The contact details for the data controller are:
Office for National Statistics
Telephone +44 (0) 1633 456633
The contact details for the ONS Data Protection Officer (DPO) are:
Office for National Statistics
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner will not affect your right to seek redress through the courts.