Our people are engaged and motivated, adding value, innovating and contributing to our vision. We respect each other, work together to make a difference, are proud of what we do and always want to do better. Our people can count on us to look after them at work and beyond.
That's because we strongly believe that people who are happy and fulfilled also make for happy and fulfilled members of staff. So we look at what people need for their day run more smoothly and, wherever we can, we help.
Onsite gyms make de-stressing and feeling healthier easy, and Newport’s onsite nursery helps busy parents who are more comfortable having their children close by. It’s facilities like these that make all the difference.
We work with our people to find solutions. We’ve put in place flexible working and progressive maternity and paternity policies. We support and enable professional development, making sure that people are not only comfortable in their roles but confident in grasping the career opportunities ahead.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy:
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years service in addition to 9 public holidays
- A good work-life balance – family-friendly working options including flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm
- Onsite childcare at the Newport office, pre-school childcare vouchers and playschemes during Easter and Summer at a lower rate
- Career development and progression – a recognised Silver accredited Investor in People, we develop our people at every stage of their career, providing a personal progression plan, on- and off-site training courses and opportunities to gain qualifications and professional accreditations
- Pension schemes – find out more on the Civil Service Pensions website
- Welfare – our welfare service is provided through an Employee Assistance Programme, which offers help and support in dealing with work-related and personal problems
- A strong ethos of equality and diversity