Figure 17: Vacant social housing as a percentage of total social housing, by English regions and Wales
England and Wales, 2016
Source: Department for Communities and Local Government, Stats Wales
- Data from Vacant dwellings, Vacancies, Number of dwellings by Tenure and Dwelling stock estimates by tenure.
- Vacant social housing in England uses private registered provider and local authority vacancies for general needs and self contained rent housing.
- Vacant social housing in Wales includes vacancies from registered social landlords and local authorities and comprises general needs, sheltered, extra care and other supported rent housing.
- Data on vacancies for England are taken as at October each year.
- Data on vacancies for Wales is taken as at 31 March each year.
- Dwelling stock by tenure data in England is at 1 April each year.
- Dwelling stock by tenure data in Wales is based on 2015/16 for 2016.
Download this chart