Summary of request
On 4 August 2017, the Migration Advisory Committee put out a Call for evidence and briefing note: EEA-workers in the UK labour market. Here is presented new data requested by regional and local-level stakeholders to help them respond to this consultation.
The evidence requested includes breakdowns of the workforce by country of birth, industry of employment, occupation, level of skills or qualifications and other factors, with a specific focus on people born in the European Economic Area. The tables provided below provide this evidence for all countries and regions of the UK, and with a specific focus on London. Most information is sourced from the Annual Population Survey covering the period 2004 to 2016, where 2016 is the latest year for which data is available. The table on socio-economic movements by country of birth and region has been sourced from the ONS Longitudinal Study.
Please be aware that additional tables may be added to this release throughout September and possibly October as new requests are reviewed and more information is generated.
- 'Jobs by region various breakdowns 2004 to 2016' was updated 14 September 2017
- 'Jobs by region, country of birth, employment type and skill level' was added 18 September 2017
- 'Training' was updated to 'Workers by region, country of birth, and training' (title change only) on 22 September 2017
- 'Jobs by region by country of birth by low level industry and occupation' was added 25 September 2017
- 'Socio-economic movements by country of birth and region' was added 11 October 2017
- This ad hoc was updated on 27 November 2017.
- The file for 'Jobs by region by country of birth by low level industry and occupation' was replaced on 6 March 2019.
Downloads associated with request
- Graduates in non-graduates role 2011 to 2016 UK London (96.8 kB xls)
- Jobs by region various breakdowns 2004 to 2016 (2.3 MB xls)
- Jobs by region, country of birth, employment type and skill level (146.4 kB xls)
- Workers by region, country of birth, and training (75.3 kB xls)
- Socio-economic movements by country of birth and region (142.8 kB xls)
- 2011 Census bespoke COB by economic activity national to region (39.9 kB xls)
- 2011 Census bespoke COB by highest level of qualification national to region (36.9 kB xls)
- 2011 Census bespoke COB by passport national to country (29.7 kB xls)
- International immigration and the labour market, UK, 2016 to 2017 (311.8 kB xls)
- IPS Immigration and Emigration of EEA-born workers by previous occupation (98.8 kB xls)
- Year of first arrival by local authority of EEA-born and EEA nationals (327.7 kB xls)
- Demographics of EEA-born workers in the UK, sex and age, 2007 to 2016 (60.4 kB xls)
- Survey of Graduating International students, 2017 (65.5 kB xls)
- Jobs in the city of London by country of birth and industry (724.0 kB xls)
- How job was obtained by country of birth in each country and region of the UK, 2006 to 2016 (86.5 kB xls)
- Labour Force Survey quarters jobs by country of birth (93.7 kB xls)
- Jobs by region by country of birth by low level industry and occupation (119.3 kB xls)