- In the year to February 2012 the output price index for home sales of manufactured products rose 4.1 per cent, compared with a rise of 4.0 per cent last month.
- Between January and February the output index for home sales of manufactured products rose 0.6 per cent. This is the largest monthly increase since April 2011, when the index rose 1.1 per cent.
- In the year to February 2012 the output price index excluding food, beverages, tobacco & petroleum rose 3.0 per cent, compared with a rise of 2.4 per cent last month.
- In the year to February 2012 the total input price index rose 7.3 per cent, compared with a rise of 6.6 per cent last month.
- Between January and February the total input price index rose 2.1 per cent.
A comprehensive selection of data on input and output index series. Contains producer price indices of materials and fuels purchased and output of manufacturing industry by broad sector.
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs;
- are well explained and readily accessible;
- are produced according to sound methods; and
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest.
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.