- The annual rate of output producer price inflation remained low in June, while input prices continued to fall.
- The output price index for goods produced by UK manufacturers (factory gate prices) rose 0.2% in the year to June, compared with a rise of 0.5% in the year to May.
- Factory gate prices fell 0.2% between May and June, compared with a fall of 0.1% between April and May.
- Core factory gate prices, which exclude the more volatile food, beverages, tobacco & petroleum products, rose 1.0% in the year to June, unchanged from the year to May.
- The overall price of materials and fuels bought by UK manufacturers for processing (total input prices) fell 4.4% in the year to June, compared with a fall of 3.8% in the year to May.
- Total input prices fell 0.8% between May and June, compared with a rise of 0.3% between April and May.
Input and output index series. Contains producer price indices of materials and fuels purchased and output of manufacturing industry by broad sector.
These National Statistics are produced to high professional standards and released according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.