- Users are reminded that the figures within this release are estimates and are on a seasonally adjusted basis.
- The Index of Services increased by 2.0% in April 2013 compared with April 2012. All of the components of the services industry increased in the most recent month compared with the same month a year ago.
- The largest contributions came from government & other services, distribution, hotels & catering, and business services & finance. Each of these components contributed 0.6 percentage points of growth to the index.
- The Index of Services increased by 0.5% in Q1 2013 compared with Q4 2012. This figure is revised from an increase of 0.6% published in the second estimate of GDP on 23 May 2013.
- The April estimates for production and construction outputs were published on 11 June 2013 and 14 June 2013 respectively. The Quarterly National Accounts for Q1 2013 were published on 27 June 2013. The Prelimary Estimate for GDP Q2 2013 will be published on 25 July 2013.
- The earliest period open for revision in this release is January 1997. Data in this release are consistent with Blue Book 2013 due for publication on 31 July 2013 and the Quarterly National Accounts for Q1 2013. The last year of chain linked weights has been updated from 2009 to 2010 as has the reference year. Seasonal models have also been reviewed and amended where necessary. Additional changes and revisions have been implemented as a result of the GDP Output Improvement Report published on 27 June 2013; see Blue Book 2013 background notes.
Shows the monthly movements in gross value added for the service industries, which overall account for around 78 per cent of UK Gross Domestic Product (GDP).