The migration programme is about to reach the end of the four year research programme, and improvements to migration statistics have become a reality.
It is important to us that stakeholders and statistical users are fully engaged with the programme achievements, and this series of seminars aims to review the success of the programme, and outline our plans for taking forward future improvements.
ONS will be holding a series of seminars during March 2012 to update users on what was achieved during Phase 2 of the Migration Statistics Improvement Programme.
The objectives of these seminars are:1. Updates for stakeholders, presentations include:
- reflecting on the success of the programme
- short-term migration
- measures of uncertainty
- reconciling Administrative Sources
- looking ahead to future plans for improving population statistics
2. There will be opportunity for attendees to discuss the achievements of the programme.
3. To gather feedback from stakeholders on the developments from Phase 2 of the MSIP.
4. To meet the requirement of the UK Statistics Authority 'Code of Practice for Official Statistics' to 'engage effectively with users of statistics to promote trust and maximise public value'.
The events will be staged at the following locations on the dates specified:
- 6 March 2012 – Manchester (96.7 Kb Pdf) (HMCTS, Manchester CJC)
- 13 March 2012 – London (46.3 Kb Pdf) (HMRC, Somerset House)
- 21 March 2012 – Newport, Gwent (46.9 Kb Pdf) (ONS, Government Buildings)
Admission to the seminars will be limited to pre-registered applicants. Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Registration forms can be downloaded from the ONS website or alternatively be requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01329 44 4584.
Attendance at the seminars will be free of charge, and documentation in Welsh will be made available at our Newport seminar if required.
A light buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided.
If you wish to attend one of the above events, please return your completed registration form to email@example.com.